Welcome to Petroleum Geology Forums

This is a free online community that aims to bring petroleum professionals and geologists together and share valuable knowledge. Registration is easy so become a member now for instant free access.
  • Petroleum Geologists can stay up to date with industry related topics and exchange ideas and concepts.
  • Upstream Oil and Gas Consultants get a chance to share their expertise and gain exposure to land future projects.
  • Geology students and graduates can join the discussion and get into contact with potential future employees.

>> Register Now

Toggle multiple Interpretations on and off in window! 

Post Toggle multiple Interpretations on and off in window!
In Petrel Interpretation window I can quickly turn of my interpretations by toggling the top level folder. However, to turn them back on... I need to select them all independantly. Is there a work around. I know Seisworks has a button to turn them on and off in a certain window...

While doing QC work I want to quickly wipe off my interpretations to look at the raw seismic line, and then put it back the way I had it.

thanks

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Post Re: Toggle multiple Interpretations on and off in window!
You could use the filters at the top of your interpretation folder to quickly turn on and off all interpretations you'd like. Just set several filters and use their checkbox to toglle on and off. Make sure you have all your interpretations toggled on before making the filters. Then also make a filter with no seismic interpretations in it to use as a blank...

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:47 pm

That's a great idea and works for some of my scenarios. But, as I have multiple fault folders they still need to be toggled independently.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:56 pm

This is a common problem and I think SLB promised to resolve it in 2011...
Anyways the best workarounds are, either:
A) If you are interpreting in 3D, the simplest way may be just to clip behind a plane (little icon with scissors at the bottom) - If will hide all the data behind the seismic and let you look at the data. You can also just jump to the next in- or x-line if there is no interpretation on this one...
B) Use the interpretation manager (right click on the top level folder if you want all surveys). By using it you can either use the filter to look at specific data types or surveys or if you use shift you can select multiple objects and switch then on or off. You still need to select everything independantly, but it will save you looking for data in the tree.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:55 am