Welcome to Petroleum Geology Forums

This is a free online community that aims to bring petroleum professionals and geologists together and share valuable knowledge. Registration is easy so become a member now for instant free access.
  • Petroleum Geologists can stay up to date with industry related topics and exchange ideas and concepts.
  • Upstream Oil and Gas Consultants get a chance to share their expertise and gain exposure to land future projects.
  • Geology students and graduates can join the discussion and get into contact with potential future employees.

>> Register Now

one of geology or geography 

Post one of geology or geography
I'm doing Maths, Physics, Economics and one of geology or geography for A level, and I'm generally better at short answer questions. I just want to know other peoples experiences of the two subjects and what they would recommend based on their experiences and my A level choices. Also any information on the subjects such as what they're about, are they fun, challenging, dull, would be appreciated.

Last edited by paislexy on Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:07 am

Post Re: one of geology or geography
Paislexy, glad to hear that you're interested in geoscience. The problem is, nobody will answer your question, but you. On this forum, you'll meet mostly geology fans, so they inevitably would choose geology over geography. It doesn't mean, geology is any better - it means, you asked on geologists-dominated forum.
Career-wise, I would suggest geology. If it is interesting? Depends on your personality - I know people, who are genuinely in love with geology, as well as those, who hate it utterly. I would say, the true decision you'll have to make, will be about the Uni. So right now, just decide what you fancy more, pick it - and then answer to yourself, if it is something you like.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:53 pm