[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4922: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4011)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4924: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4011)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4925: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4011)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4926: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4011)
Geosteering Software : Other Software - Exploration & Production Geology

Welcome to Petroleum Geology Forums

This is a free online community that aims to bring petroleum professionals and geologists together and share valuable knowledge. Registration is easy so become a member now for instant free access.
  • Petroleum Geologists can stay up to date with industry related topics and exchange ideas and concepts.
  • Upstream Oil and Gas Consultants get a chance to share their expertise and gain exposure to land future projects.
  • Geology students and graduates can join the discussion and get into contact with potential future employees.

>> Register Now

Geosteering Software 

Post Geosteering Software
Hello,

I am looking for Geosteering Software but have no idea if there is any freeware or open source around.

I am also looking into a payed version, but I would also need some advice on what to buy if I do.

Thanks!
Ricardo

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Post Re: Geosteering Software
I am also looking for a free-trial geosteering software. I heard of "SES", but not sure how popular it is. Does anyone have it and wanna share?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:25 am

SES is a solid program you can also try Boresight.

http://makinhole.com/

http://www.boresightsoftware.com/

email me if you have any questions.

Fri May 10, 2013 11:26 pm

We recently started using StarSteer software:
Man... after years in SES this is Awesome software!

Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:21 pm

Last edited by frabulator on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:41 pm

As many others we also used SES for a long time, and we were quite happy with it.
But we decided to test some other solutions just to be aware of what is there on the market. We requested trial version from LMKR, LR Senergy, HSI, Geonaft, ROGII etc. I didn't have much time for the tests and I may be a bit superficial here, but most of all I liked Geonaft software from Geosteering Technologies Inc.
Geonaft is way more user friendly and nice looking than any other soft (Competing I guess only with Star Steer here). And, which is more important, it is more robust and more functional. It works well even on weak machines (Win 7, 2gb). You can choose which module you need for each specific project and pay only for it. I discussed it with my team and we decided that starting 2016 we are switching to Geonaft.

Please note that it is my personal opinion based on my experience and you may find some other soft more convenient.

Anyway, before making your final decision I suggest that you try 4-5 different providers and choose which you like the most. Pricing is relatively the same everywhere.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:04 pm