Welcome to Petroleum Geology Forums

This is a free online community that aims to bring petroleum professionals and geologists together and share valuable knowledge. Registration is easy so become a member now for instant free access.
  • Petroleum Geologists can stay up to date with industry related topics and exchange ideas and concepts.
  • Upstream Oil and Gas Consultants get a chance to share their expertise and gain exposure to land future projects.
  • Geology students and graduates can join the discussion and get into contact with potential future employees.

>> Register Now

How to establish core calibration constant in swi versus fzi 

Post How to establish core calibration constant in swi versus fzi
Hello, i am doing a study about irreducble water saturation,swi.Please how can i establish the core calibration constants from my core data that relates irreducible water saturation to flow zone indicators fzi.

Amaefule(1993) has a formulae swi= 1-(1/a+bFZI^-c) AS ATTACHED.

Q2. How can i achieve the plot of K versus porosity such that i can have clear trend lines for my FZI values.The plot just seems to be everywhere.

Please help,this subject is the discipline of Reservoir rock typing.

Attachments:
File comment: This is Amefule's formulae..please help
Swi-fzi.JPG
Swi-fzi.JPG [ 22.79 KiB | Viewed 1100 times ]
Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Post Re: How to establish core calibration constant in swi versus
For Q1 I don't have an answer.

For Q2 I can comment the following: If your FZI vs porosity plot is showing a lot a scater you're probably dealing with multiple flow units or facies. At least that is what FZI let's you investigate. Ideally you should see seperate clouds that you or your geologist can relate to different genetic facies.

If you can link it to facies and they have a geological meaning you could distribute them through your model. Then, maybe each facies might have a different water saturation character and a different irreducable water saturation.

You could also check if you are dealing with total porosity or effective porosity. Also, are you comparing core data to log data. Can you crossplot FZI versus vshale? Does that help?

Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:21 pm