Welcome to Petroleum Geology Forums

This is a free online community that aims to bring petroleum professionals and geologists together and share valuable knowledge. Registration is easy so become a member now for instant free access.
  • Petroleum Geologists can stay up to date with industry related topics and exchange ideas and concepts.
  • Upstream Oil and Gas Consultants get a chance to share their expertise and gain exposure to land future projects.
  • Geology students and graduates can join the discussion and get into contact with potential future employees.

>> Register Now

West African structural evolution 

Post West African structural evolution
I am new in this forum and am very sorry if I am posting this in the wrong lace and will remove it if necessary. However I am very keen to know more on the matter.
I am currently studying economic geology in University. Lode gold formations in Ghana came up during the course and, for personal interest, want to know more about it.
I am interested in the country as I went there with my uncle (a Ghanaian man that married my aunt) when I was 15 . We visited a small gold mine amongst other things, and the experience always stayed with me. It might be one of the reasons I decided to study geophysics in the first place.
I any case, I started doing a bit of my own research on lode gold formation in the region. I found quite a few articles that described geophysical mapping of the area, metamorphic evolution of the rocks and so on, but could not find anything that wasn’t behind a paywall that described the geological structure in Ghana and its evolution. I am mainly interested in the latter.

So, to the point of this post: do you know where I could find this information ? Are there articles I may have overlooked or places I should check? I should also clarify that for some reason my university does not have access to most geology based journals for some reason and I cannot personally afford to read those articles, so I am looking for some possibly free resources.

Thank you for taking your time t read this post, very much appreciated.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, it is not my mother tongue

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:01 pm