Welcome to Petroleum Geology Forums

This is a free online community that aims to bring petroleum professionals and geologists together and share valuable knowledge. Registration is easy so become a member now for instant free access.
  • Petroleum Geologists can stay up to date with industry related topics and exchange ideas and concepts.
  • Upstream Oil and Gas Consultants get a chance to share their expertise and gain exposure to land future projects.
  • Geology students and graduates can join the discussion and get into contact with potential future employees.

>> Register Now

Bound Liquid and Pore Space 

Post Bound Liquid and Pore Space
Hello everyone,

I´m doing my Masters of Geo-sciences in Berlin and I´m having trouble with a Petroleum Geology homework.

It´s basically about bound fluid in a reservoir. Now I´m supposed to find a way to calculate the grain size (diameter), with which 100 % of the available pore space will be taken up by bound fluid. Assuming its just spherical grains, cubic packing by constant thickness of bound fluid film of 10 micro meter.

Now I tried a mathematical approach and a Trigonometric approach, where i tried to calculate the pore space over the length of the angle bisector. I seem to run into a dead end with either approach.

If anyone knows how to solve this, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Aaron

Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:11 pm