Welcome to Petroleum Geology Forums

This is a free online community that aims to bring petroleum professionals and geologists together and share valuable knowledge. Registration is easy so become a member now for instant free access.
  • Petroleum Geologists can stay up to date with industry related topics and exchange ideas and concepts.
  • Upstream Oil and Gas Consultants get a chance to share their expertise and gain exposure to land future projects.
  • Geology students and graduates can join the discussion and get into contact with potential future employees.

>> Register Now

Velocity cube creation 

Post Velocity cube creation
Hello,
I am creating velocity cube from seismic data from Petrel using average velocity option, but it always creates with 0 velocity..

I am not be able to identify where is the mistake..

Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:16 am

Post Re: Velocity cube creation
Do you have the data loaded as average or interval velocity?

Is it PSDM velocity data or are you actually trying to use the velocity modeling process in Petrel to make a seismic cube with velocity data? For example are you tying to wells??

Sorry, it is difficult for me to understand what exactly you are trying to do!

Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:29 pm

Post Re: Velocity cube creation
Hello everyone,

I am trying to build a velocity model using ASCII Velocity files in Petrel. I have imported the velocity data (interval velocity) in X, Y, T, V format using Petrel point with attribute template.

Now i want to make a 3D Grid and populate these points inside it. Don't know how to proceed further. Please guide me through the process.

Thanks in advance,

Thu May 14, 2015 8:13 am