[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4922: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4011)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4924: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4011)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4925: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4011)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4926: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:4011)
Installing Petrel 2010 (64 Bit) : Petrel - Exploration & Production Geology

Welcome to Petroleum Geology Forums

This is a free online community that aims to bring petroleum professionals and geologists together and share valuable knowledge. Registration is easy so become a member now for instant free access.
  • Petroleum Geologists can stay up to date with industry related topics and exchange ideas and concepts.
  • Upstream Oil and Gas Consultants get a chance to share their expertise and gain exposure to land future projects.
  • Geology students and graduates can join the discussion and get into contact with potential future employees.

>> Register Now

Installing Petrel 2010 (64 Bit) 

Post Installing Petrel 2010 (64 Bit)

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Post Re: Installing Petrel 2010 (64 Bit)
Oh, and has anybody been using Petrel 2010 the last few weeks? What are the best new features? Worth the update?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Oscar,

don't know anything about your installation problems. My install worked fine.

On your second question I can comment: Please try and fix your problem, because the 2010 update is packed with loads of new and very useful features.

As I'm usually interpreting 3D Seismic cubes I use the 3D auto-tracker a lot. In Petrel 2010 you can quickly (and while still interpreting; no need to make a surface) see your miss-picks and view a preview of your soon to be created surface. Also faults can be identified easily by using the new structural analysis tab in your interpretations settings window. Very easy and handy-dandy!

You can now also quickly smooth a certain area defined by a polygon, great for cleaning up certain parts of your surface.

Another great thing is that one can now show grip properties along fault traces.

and there is many more... many more...

Otherwise review the release notes on the slb support site. Do you have a support account?

good luck with your install. drop SLB a line on that issue, it's worth it!

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Have you been able to fix this? I am getting the same error!

Our IT guy has no idea what's causing it and says he'll sort it out, but I hate waiting.

thanks,

Jacob

Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 pm

All was fixed after installing a new image of windows on the machine. SLB support and our IT were not able to fix it and decided this was the best way to go.. weird stuff

Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:55 am

It seems users face this problem from time to time. I would suggest you do a complete uninstall of previous versions before installing Petrel 2010/2009. Some times an update from Microsoft or a 3rd party software will conflict with the installation of the product. Also, Windows Xp 64 bit isn't an OS I would trust when it comes to 64 bit computing.

I would recommend migrating to Windows 7, since it's more user-friendly and you rarely encounter problems.

Btw whenever installing a software that uses 3D interface, it's recommended that you upgrade your graphic drivers and update your DirectX version. Next time a complete log of this error would be helpful :)

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:02 am

James,

thanks for your input. Indeed it was a Windows 7 Image I installed on the machine. I figured why not upgrade if I have to run the entire install anyways.

Still running solid since....
...amazing how fast realisation and seismic attribute calculation runs on these 64 bit systems...

Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:20 am

I have a question about the new Petrel 2010 version. I am residing in Suriname and all our well locations and one of our seismic cubes is in a local coordinate/reference system (Zanderij). As Petrel 2009 only used WGS84 coordinate systems (and we had to translate all wellheads in geographix or gis) we asked IT for the upgrade so it would be easier to transfer the Zanderij coordinates to the WGS system (As the 2010 version has the ESRI coordinate translation system in it and also in the Reference Project tool).

IT has now updated the license server and installed the new 2010 version.
However.... I can not find the Zanderij coordinate system in the list too choose from. I believe ESRI has recognized it as a standard system, as I think I saw it one one of their lists some time ago. Why is it this system is not included and is there a way to solve this problem?

hope you guys can help! thanks,

Willem

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:44 am