Welcome to Petroleum Geology Forums

This is a free online community that aims to bring petroleum professionals and geologists together and share valuable knowledge. Registration is easy so become a member now for instant free access.
  • Petroleum Geologists can stay up to date with industry related topics and exchange ideas and concepts.
  • Upstream Oil and Gas Consultants get a chance to share their expertise and gain exposure to land future projects.
  • Geology students and graduates can join the discussion and get into contact with potential future employees.

>> Register Now

Calcite limestone 

Post Calcite limestone
Hello guys, i came here looking for information about this certain rock. Im browsing all over the place but without a proper knowledge i cant really say how valuable this is. My father brought a few geologists and we have done basic analysis of the rock but the informations we got from them were really shallow. We will bring some more soon but im very eager to know more about it as i've got no patience at all :D

here are analysis of 2 samples of this limestone :

1)
MgO 0.6
CaO 54.8
insoluble residue + R2O3 = 0.78
whiteness MgO 95

2)
MgO 0.8
CaO 54.7
insoluble residue + R2O3 is 0.6
whiteness MgO 95.3

Whats it good for ? Are there any other tests i should do to be certain about its uses and value on the market ? If pictures of the rock would help also i can post them tomorrow. Thank you for your time and knowledge !

if this isnt the right place to ask please direct me.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:48 pm